Since 1978 Dr Eduardo Bracier and his wife Ester Martinez have been at the head of the Salou Protestant Church. Pastor Bracier and a group of church members form the church council, similar to a council of elders, who have responsibility for guiding the church. This year, Dr Josué García has joined the council with the intention of being named as senior pastor within the next two years.
- Diploma in Theology ,Birmingham Bible Institute.
- Graduate in Information Sciences, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Publicity Department.
- Doctorate cum laude in Information Sciences. Thesis ‘The policy of communication of Protestants in Spain’, Autonomous University Barcelona, Department of Journalism.
- Officially recognized by the Spanish state as a minister for weddings and other ceremonies.
- Pastor in London ( 1964-66 ), in Seville (1969-1971), in Sant Just Desvern (1974-1979) and in Salou from 1978 until the present.
- Director of Youth for Christ (1971-1984)
Dr. Ester Martínez
- Doctorate in Philosophy; Thesis ‘ The Education of Children: Transference of Values.
- Masters Degree in Clinical and Educational Corporal Techniques.
( Rovira i Virgili University, Tarragona)
- Degree in Psychology ( Rovira i Virgili University, Tarragona)
- Diploma in Law ( Central University of Barcelona)
- Teaching of Business Studies. ( Central University of Barcelona)
- Teacher at;
- IES Gaudi (Reus) (2009 - )
- Rovira i Virgili University, Tarragona (1993-2009)
- Secondary Schools in Vilaseca and Reus (1992-1999)
- Elisabeth School, Salou (1985-1990)
- Evangelical School of Barcelona (1969-1985)
- Psychtherapist in Educational and Clinical Centres (1993 – until the present)
Interview carried out by Ágape for the magazine Infinitas
Dr. Josué Garcia
- Doctorate in Theology (Queen's University Belfast)
- Bachelor of Divinity (Belfast Bible College)
- Degree in Teaching of Physical Education (University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria)
- Part-time teacher of Spanish, Physical Education and Religion (Wallace High School, Lisburn)
- Teacher of Apologetics (Belfast Bible College)
- Youth Minister (Finaghy Baptist Church)
- Family Minister (Finaghy Baptist Church)
The Council is in charge of leading and guiding the Church, and in addition, each member has responsibility for a particular aspect of congregational activity, ranging from internal organization, to education and spiritual guidance. For this reason, they have the help of around twenty people, who are in charge of the development of the various areas of activity and for creating and leading workteams.